Cheonggyecheon (청계천) is another popular tourist attraction in downtown Seoul. It’s also a personal favorite. Locals and foreign tourists frequent this long stretch of recreation space which includes an 8.4 km stream flowing through downtown Seoul. It’s another fabulous place to people-watch as you can see office workers, couples, families, friends strolling around, tossing coins to wishing wells, watching a performance or simply hanging out. If you need to take a breather from the hustle and bustle of Seoul, this is nice place to relax and simply people watch.
Come November, the annual Seoul Lantern Festival is held in Cheonggyecheon.
Directions (by subway):
- City Hall, Jonggak, Jongno 3(sam)-ga, Jongno 5(o)-ga, Dongdaemun, Sinseol-dong Stations (Seoul Subway Line 1)
- City Hall, Euljiro 1(il)-ga, Euljiro 3(sam)-ga, Euljiro 4(sa)-ga, Sindang, Sangwangsimni Stations (Seoul Subway Line 2)
- Jongno 3(sam)-ga Station (Seoul Subway Line 1, 3 and 5)
- Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station (Seoul Subway Line 4)
- Gwanghwamun Station (Seoul Subway Line 5)